CHICAGO AREA BUT TRANSPORT CAN BE ARRANGED
THE FLAMING LIPS - ID #A115456-58 (same location as TEENAGE FAN CLUB A115453-55)
gender / 5 weeks
Out Date: 8/18/14
The Flaming Lips are three sweet little owner surrenders who loved getting some attention and affection. They appear healthy and well fed, and would do best to leave immediately. Please rescue these sweeties now.
WANT TO FOSTER? The cats featured on this page are NOT available for direct adoption at Chicago Animal Care & Control and are for rescue only. If you are interested in adopting a cat featured on the page, please reach out to one of our approved Homeward Bound partners and apply to foster or foster to adopt. If you can’t foster or adopt, please share & pledge for their care. A list of the groups that participate in the rescue program can be found here:https://www.facebook.com/notes/cacc-cat-transfer-team/how-can-you-help-become-a-foster/578148428895657
In a recent article, Michael Hiltzik has a great closing paragraph. We shouldn’t be talking about ways to cut Social Security. We should expanding the program for all working Americans!
Read the article by clicking the graphic above or here.
Explicit secunda pars summe fratris thome de aquino ordinis fratrum predicatorum, longissima, prolixissima, et tediosissima scribenti: Deo gratias, Deo gratias, et iterum Deo gratias.
—Scribal colophon at the end of a (handwritten) fourteenth century manuscript. The translation: “Here ends the second part of the Summa of brother Thomas Aquinas of the Order of Preaching Friars, the longest, wordiest, and most tedious thing ever written: thank God, thank God, and again thank God.” (via magnicifent)
- 12-year-old girl: I don't want kids when I grow up.
- Society: You'll change your mind when you get older. You're only 12. You're too young to know what you want.
- 16-year-old girl: I'm pregnant.
- Society: How could you be so stupid? Do you know anything about safe sex? You should be ashamed.
- 20-year-old woman: I'm a single mother with an infant son.
- Society: You should've gone to college first. You need a stable career before you can support a child.
- 33-year-old woman: I'm married and my spouse and I both have stable careers. I have two young daughters now.
- Society: You're not staying home? Who's going to take care of them? You're just going to put them in day care while you work? That's selfish of you. You can't expect to raise decent kids with a full-time job.
- 45-year-old woman: I just had my first child.
- Society: Why would you have a child when you're that old? Do you realize the health risks of being pregnant at your age? When your kid is a teenager you'll be a senior citizen. That's inconsiderate of you.
- 60-year-old woman: I haven't had any children.
- Society: Your life must be so unfulfilling. Is there something wrong with you? Why didn't you want kids? How strange.
"You know, if you ever wanted to be a criminal mastermind and run, I don’t know like a drug cartel or something, I think you’d be fucking amazing at it."
Fragments of Roman pottery and food waste from the 18th century have been uncovered during work to replace Lancaster’s sewer system.
Engineers working for United Utilities had to tread carefully when working at the Damside Street site, as the area was subject to archaeological monitoring, due…
Hey guys! I have a favour to ask. There’s a fellow RPer of mine who needs help to raise funds for her poor baby kitten, who broke one of her legs today. Her family can’t afford the $1,000+ that they’ll need to get it fixed. I know that’s a lot of money, but I know I already have a few thousand followers. If anyone has even a dollar to spare - or if you don’t, PLEASE consider reblogging this so more people can see it - could you please check it out and consider donating? Thank you SO SO SO MUCH. I don’t want a kitten to be in pain and suffering or possibly die any more than you do!
CLICK HERE FOR GOFUNDME FOR AUSTIN THE KITTEN